Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Just a thought...


Today Ryan had me take the Meyers-Briggs personality test. I turned out to be an INTJ. Traits of an INTJ include:

·         Able to absorb extremely complex theoretical and complex material

·         Driven to create order and structure from theoretical abstractions

·         Supreme strategists

·         Future-oriented

·         See the global, "big picture"

·         Strong insights and intuitions, which they trust implicitly

·         Value their own opinions over others

·         Love difficult theoretical challenges

·         Bored when dealing with mundane routine

·         Value knowledge and efficiency

·         Have no patience with inefficiency and confusion

·         Have very high standards for performance, which they apply to themselves most strongly

·         Reserved and detached from others

·         Calm, collected and analytical

·         Extremely logical and rational

·         Original and independent

·         Natural leaders, but will follow those they can fully support

·         Creative, ingenious, innovative, and resourceful

·         Work best alone, and prefer to work alone

Possible Career Path for the INTJ:

·         Scientist

·         Engineers

·         Professor/Teachers

·         Medical Doctor or Dentist

·         Corporate Strategists and Organizational Builders

·         Business Administrator or Manager

·         Military Leader

·         Lawyer or Attorney

·         Judges

·         Computer Programmer or Systems Analyst


This fits me to a tee. Kind of scary, actually. I also got me thinking about my career choice. For a long time, I haven't necessarily been as happy as I thought I would be with my choice to become a nurse. I enjoy the analytical side more than the nurturing side; meaning that I enjoy figuring out what is wrong and putting the pieces together more than I do being a cheerleader and "emotional support" that the typical nurse does. Not to mention the politics and mud-slinging that goes along with it. I thought I would really enjoy nursing, especially being a floor nurse, but it has turned out to not be the case. I feel that I should have bitten bullet and become a doctor. I would just now be getting done with school and be up to my ears in debt, but think it would suit me better. So, for now I am compromising. I have decided to go back to school and become a CRNP (Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner). I will be able to do a lot of the same things a doctor can do outside of performing surgery and writing prescriptions for narcotics. Maybe later I can go back and do the doctor thing. Of course, this will be after 5 chemistry classes (including biochemistry) and 2 physics classes (w/o calculus of course). I think I would enjoy the forensic side more than anything else. If I were to go back to Med School I would like to be a Forensic Pathologist and do autopsies to figure out how people died. I guess I'm twisted like that... :) AND Dr. G Medical Examiner is one of my all time favorite shows!


No comments:

Post a Comment