Sunday, July 29, 2012

My Soapbox… Caution: Its Graphic!!

So my boyfriend and I got into this conversation about abortion (it’s a very controversial, I know) and he has some very different views than I do. He's super duper liberal and he calls himself a "progressive." Sometimes being progressive isn't actually progress at all in my eyes. He is all for abortion and I can't even fathom the thought. Anyway, I was sitting here tonight, thinking about the subject after I saw an anti-abortion promotion on Facebook. This enticed me to look up more on the subject. While searching, I found a website that was very graphic in the description of the possible ways of abortion along with pictures of the aborted fetuses.


The first picture is of a 9 week gestation aborted fetus. It has eyes, fingers, toes, its eye lids are sensitive to touch, and it will bend fingers around an object placed in their palm. You can even see the ribs and spinal cord. Looks like a baby to me… not just a bunch of cells.




The way that abortions are done is so violent as well. Can you imagine the kind of pain these kids feel? Can you imagine being in the womb and seeing/feeling this foreign object coming towards you and how scared you would be?


One of the methods is vacuum aspiration where they stick tube with a sharp blade at the end and cut the fetus up and vacuum it out.



Dilation and Curettage (D&C) is another method. In this method the cervix is dilated and the fetus is chopped up and removed.



In WWII the Nazis developed salt poisoning for use in concentration camps. A syringe of a super salty substance in injected into the uterus and into the amniotic sac where the fetus SWALLOWS and BREATHES in the highly salted amniotic fluid and dies within an hour. The mother delivers the dead fetus within 1-2 days.



There is also the hysterectomy abortion where the umbilical cord is cut in utero and the fetus is allowed to die before it is removed with the same procedure as a caesarian section. This is used for babies that are late term or within the 3 trimester.



Dilation and Extraction is another method. In this method the cervix is dilated and the fetus is grabbed by the feet and dragged out. Just before the head comes out the spinal cord is severed and the brains are vacuumed out, collapsing the skull allowing the head to be removed easily. This is also known as a partial birth abortion.


Another, and perhaps the worst, is the live birth abortion. With the live birth abortion labor is induced and the mother gives birth to a LIVE child. The child is then taken to the dirty utility room at a hospital and left to die. How cruel can you be, really?

This is a video from a nurse that worked at a hospital in Illinios and assisted with live birth abortions. She speaks out about the barbaric pratices. The clip is actually an Anti-Obama campaign, but that's not what I'm using it for... simply to tell the story of these poor, defenseless children.


I really don't understand how this isn't murder. And considering all of the people that can't have children and want them, why not give the unwanted child up for adoption? In my opinion, unless child bearing or pregnancy is a danger to the mother's life, no life should be aborted. I don't know how much good my rant will do, if any, but it makes me feel better. I also know that, as a healthcare professional, I would most definitely NOT feel comfortable assisting in these procedures!


End rant.

14 comments:

  1. I completely agree!!! Those pictures are so disturbing. I don't understand how people feel abortion is ok...selfish!!! It is so sad. Great post Cyndi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pictures make me ill. I am with you 1000000%. I can't imagine how anyone could think this is ok! The woman had her choice to use BC, she shouldn't be allowed to choose murder when she screws up. Unreal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As I sit here and rock my baby to sleep, I watched the video. I'm sobbing now at the thought of a previous lIl baby being left to die, ALONE in an empty utility room. God help those people that left those babies to die! -Victoria Bruce

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. God help the women that allow their babies to be ripped out of their wombs. The doctor may be a horrible person to do abortions but in the end he is 'just doing his job'. The mother is killing her own baby.There is no excuse for abortion,except the mother's life being in danger...even then it would have to be a for sure diagnosis that the mother would die. If i've upset anyone well,i don't really care!. Killing babies is wrong!

      Delete
  4. This is so sad. Now I understand all the types of abortion. NONE of them are the right thing to do. Baby's are people too AND very innocent. They have done nothing to be punished for & here they are put to death. What kind of doctors can have a clear conscious when they do this. I understand when God takes the baby before its time. But when man acts like God -- that is just wrong!! I wish I had the funds to take these little ones & let them live. So unfair to pay for their parents mistakes with their own little lives. Just NOT RIGHT!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am of 5 weeks gestation and have waited 3.8 years to concieve since the birth of my third child. My son has additonal needs being ASD and global developmental delay. He always will require assistance to some degree. In addition I have me eldest daughter. My life requires the ultimate level of patience everyday. Abortion disgusts me..... the most severe punishment should be part of consititional law for this crime, and that is what it is 'CRIME' and 'MURDER'. We are not the givers of life and death. With only exceptional and life threatening reasons should a baby be aborted.....and this should be the very last resort/option. My aunty waited 10 years to conceive and even that was through IVF. Shame on those who commit these crimes. To those who abort: Ask yourself 'Would you take your own life?'.....then WHY TAKE SOMEONE ELSES. I dont promote contraceptives as they to abort the natural form of pregnacy and to some extent have negative impact on a female's natural body system such 'monthly periods, 'irregular/excessive bleeding' and the like. There is always a natural method commonly known as 'withdrawl'.....you work it out....otherwise steer away from you most fertile dates....should this be difficult, then have the baby and give others the opportunity to adopt....your not classified as a murderer then...but rather a saviour.

      Delete
  5. im 9 weeks and that just scared me too death

    ReplyDelete
  6. I fully respect the views of everyone here, but I would like to add some things. First of all, babies/fetuses are not left to die in dirty utility rooms - that just doesn't happen. And adoption is a great idea, but there are millions of children that need homes already, living in an arguably broken system. In a disturbing number of cases, children would be better off dead than in such institutions (imagine the abuse and suffering that some children are exposed to while waiting to be adopted, which they may never be. Put yourself in that place - wouldn't you rather be dead? I would.).
    In a previous comment, "withdrawl" (which I assume to be referring to the act of the man "pulling out" during sex before ejaculation) was mentioned as a contraceptive. This is not a completely effective way of preventing pregnancy.
    Furthermore, liberals (nor anyone else) are not pro-abortion; liberals are pro-rights. And I don't intend to make abortion a liberal vs. conservative issue, it just seems to be thought of that way by many, so please don't feel attacked. I am liberal, but I don't think I could ever get an abortion because I think that it would be my responsibility to raise a child if I were to have sex and become pregnant - I am aware that sex can lead to pregnancy, so that would be on me. I just believe that everyone should have rights to control their own body. But, due to human nature, some people will abuse their rights. For instance, if a woman were to repeatedly become pregnant and get abortion after abortion for no particular reason, I doubt anyone would support that, regardless of political affiliations or otherwise. But let's say that a woman became pregnant after "withdrawl" didn't work and she was financially, mentally, physically, or otherwise unfit to bring a child into the world, so she got an abortion - more acceptable, perhaps?
    One of the many difficulties concerning abortion is the lack of a way to regulate it. Such global regulation is virtually impossible, so we would have to rely upon the integrity of everyone on the Earth. Many people would respect their rights, but many would abuse them. So what do we do? Utilize education and dialogue; build bridges instead of burning them. Don't pray to end abortion; work to promote responsibility.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You should get your facts straight before announcing false statements. How much research did you really do before running your mouth. I had a D&C performed on me after my baby had died inside of me and wouldn't naturally expell. I would love to know who told you that they 'chop it up'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A D&C after a miscarriage is different than an abortion. Look it up.

      Delete
    2. A D&C is a D&C,no matter the circumstances of it being performed. I had one when i miscarried,they have to do that to remove all the baby with,when your uterus is not in labor it can't push out a baby. I do not like the 'chop it up' but in the end that's actually what happens.

      Delete
    3. But with a D&C the baby is already dead... DUE TO NATURAL CAUSES! You aren't killing it to get it out. I'm sorry you had to go through that :( The loss of a child is hard

      Delete